Chase Your Dream, Answer Your Calling


I recently had an epiphany that led me to some hard truths about my life since I graduated from college. I had a plan for what my life would be about now when I first realized that I was going to graduate in summer 2017. In my mind I’d be making more money than I make now, I’d have a different job and be completely happy with my circumstances. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball and didn’t follow through with my plans and intentions for my life.

Sometimes we get sidetracked by life and we start to lose sight of our dreams. The way of the world is to provide for yourself and then chase your dreams once you have time/resources. The problem is that having the resources requires time and soon time slips away from you while you try to obtain the resources. In the end many people die with callings unanswered and cosmic work left undone. I just caught myself starting down that road and had to apologize to myself for sleeping on myself for so long. One of my former professors in college told me and some other students in a time management seminar to use our time each day to build the future we desire. Unfortunately, I have not been doing that these past two years. I fell into the practical routine of working a job that I don’t like to chase a check while putting the pursuit of my dreams on pause until…whenever.

I believe that one of the reasons the world has descended into so much chaos is because people are not answering their callings. I feel that many people never actualize the greatness that they carry inside of them. Our world is driven by consumption and production, we work to produce goods and services that we consume in our personal lives for gratification, comfort and satisfying needs. The work we do keeps us trapped in a routine that most people rarely break free from. The sacrifice and struggle it takes to fulfill one’s divine calling is frightening to say the least. One has to exit the comfort zone and step into the unknown, and who wants to do that? Not many.

We are taught to chase a check, secure the bag and all is well or will be well. Some of us chase our dreams which includes the bag so it all works well, but then there are many of us who go from job to job never beginning that career we wanted, never launching that business, or doing that thing we always dreamed of doing. I say NO MORE!!!! I refuse to fall prey to making a living while neglecting to live. I’m stepping onto a new path that will lead me to answering my calling and I hope that you will to if you aren’t already on your way to your calling. Somebody needs you and your gift, people you don’t know are in need of your encouragement. Your place in history and in the world is waiting for you, don’t let it go vacant, step out on faith and chase more than money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pain and Suffering

It's Just Emotions...